Hello-hello! I’m gonna tell you about the idiom ‘I DON’T HAVE A CLUE’.
I don’t have a clue means – I don’t have any idea, I don’t know why it happened!
You also can use it in questions ‘ -Do you have any clue why it happened? – No, I don’t have a clue!’
Let me give you some examples:
‘– Do you know why this accident happened? –I don’t have a clue’
‘– Do you know why she married him? He’s so ugly! – I don’t have a clue! Who knows? Maybe he’s rich.
‘– Why did you choose Chinese? – I don’t have a clue! I don’t know what I was thinking back then’
See you next time! Bye-bye!
‘But if you don’t have a clue
Then I won’t let you know
We’re over and through
Now it’s time for you to go
And I won’t, I won’t cry for you no more
But you don’t have a clue’
Complete the sentences with the correct form of ‘I don’t have a clue’
- ______________________ why he left her? – I have no idea!
- Five years ago I ______________________ why that situation happened to me, but now finally I found out the reason.
- Oh no! Mary’s at the hospital! And her parents ______________________! We need to call them immediately.
- – This is going to be our best product this year! And the most important is that our competitors ______________________! We’re gonna make so much money!
- – We’ve been preparing this surprise party for Mary for so long! Let’s hope she ______________________ !
- Do you think it’s important for parents to have a clue about what’s going on in their children’s personal lives?
- What is the best way to organize a surprise party so that the Birthday girl/boy doesn’t have a clue about it?