IN, ON, AT – prepositions of place
В английском языке существуют 3 основных предлога места: in, on, at.
С замкнутыми пространствами (комнаты, здания)
e.g. in the kitchen
e.g. in Moscow
Со странами, континентами
|In the car|
e.g. on the shelf, on the wall
e.g. on the coast
e.g. on a plane
e.g. on the first floor
|AT||At school, at home, at work, at university|
|At the airport, at the bus station, at a bus stop|
|At a party|
|At a door|
e.g. There’s nothing in the fridge.
I’ve got lots of photos on the wall in my bedroom.
Kate is waiting for you at the bus stop.
She has a meeting in New York.
Complete with in, on, at.
1) …. the bathroom
2) …. the party
3) ….. the tenth floor
4) ….. the shelf
5) ….. a boat
6) …… a door
7) …… Madrid
8) ……the airport
9) ….. work
10) …… a car
Answers: 1.in, 2.at, 3.on, 4.on, 5.on, 6.at, 7.in, 8.at, 9.at, 10.in.
Fill in the gaps with in, on, at
1) His photo was ….. his badge.
2) She’s sitting ….the chair next to the window.
3) Can you see who is …. the door.
4) They had to wait for over an hour …. the bus stop.
5) I prefer to study …. my bedroom.
6) I always have dinner …. home with my family.
7) Chile is a country in …. South America.(in)
8) When I was a child we lived …. the fifth floor.
9) Gill and Robert met …. a party 3 years ago.
10) I love travelling …. the train.
Answers: 1.on, 2.on, 3.at, 4.at, 5.in, 6.at, 7.in, 8.on, 9.at, 10.on.
Put words in the correct order.
1) Listen music I car often to in my
2) Always the center in the shops city are best
3) Pick will stop at Jake up bus you the
4) Posters in walls my of the on room have I lots
5) Lives boss but England now in her is Kiev from he
6) No cupboard there’s in the salt
7) Walk after she park concert the the a went for in
8) High street theatre on the of corner is the
9) Home read it at I’ll tonight
Answers: 1. I often listen to music in my car. 2. The best shops are always in the city center. 3. Jake will pick you up at the bus stop. 4. In my room I have lots of posters on the walls. 5. Her boss is from England but now he lives in Kiev. 6. There’s no salt in the cupboard. 7. After the concert she went for a walk in the park. 8. The theatre is on the corner of High street. 9. I’ll read it tonight at home. 10. There is a spider in the bath.