IN, ON, AT – prepositions of time.
В английском языке существуют 3 основных предлога времени: in, on, at.
e.g. in 1999
Со временем суток
e.g. in the morning
Со временами года
e.g. in May
e.g. on 1st May
С днями недели
C днями недели + время суток
e.g. on Monday morning
e.g. at 10 o’clock
Со временем суток
e.g. at Easter
|At the weekend|
e.g. We usually go to Greece in the summer.
My nephew was born on 2nd July.
I always wake up at 9 o’clock at the weekend.
Предлоги времени IN, AT, ON не используются со словами:
• next: next Monday, next year
• last: last month, last week
• this: this morning, this spring
• every: every day, every Saturday
Complete with in, on, at.
1) …. April
3) ….. 31st December
4) ….. Monday
5) ….. Friday morning
6) …… Christmas
7) …… the winter
8) ……the weekend
9) ….. night
10) …… evening
Answers:1.in, 2.at, 3.on, 4.on, 5.at, 6.at, 7.in, 8.at, 9.at, 10.in
Fill in the gaps with in, on, at
1) John must arrive …. five o’clock.
2) I usually do sport ….. the afternoon.
3) My mom is leaving …. Friday
4) It’s very warm here …. night.
5) Daisy was born …. 2005.
6) I never work …. the weekend.
7) My friends ride their bikes …. the summer.
8) School starts …. 1st September.
9) Sorry, I can’t see you …. lunchtime.
10) It happened …. Saturday night.
Answers: 1.at, 2.in, 3.on, 4.at, 5.in, 6.at, 7.in, 8.on, 9.at, 10.on.
Put words in the correct order.
1) Christmas sister home last my came.
2) France go summer they to every
3) You breakfast have morning this what did for?
4) Possible I’d this meeting have like if a to month.
5) Busy pretty is week she next.
6) Sarah job Monday is next start going to a new.
7) Visit try grandparents I every to my weekend.
8) Bought car we last our year.
9) Closed every banks Sunday are
10) Seen a I great this have year lot films of.
Answers: 1. My sister came home last Christmas. 2. They go to France every summer. 3. What did you have for breakfast this morning? 4. I’d like to have a meeting this month if possible. 5. She is pretty busy next week. 6. Sarah is going to start a new job next Monday. 7. I try to visit my grandparents every weekend. 8. We bought our car last year. 9. Banks are closed every Sunday. 10. I have seen a lot of great films this year.