Мы используем Present Perfect + for, since, чтобы говорить о действиях, которые начались в прошлом и до сих пор длятся.
При помощи for и since мы можем показать, как долго длится действие.
For используется с промежутком времени.
Since используется с моментом , когда началось действие.
|+ a period of time|| |
+ a point in time
Например: For → for a week, for a month, for a long time.
Since→ since last year, since last week, since 1999, since Monday
- For может также быть использовано с Past Simple и Past Perfect.
- Since используется только с Perfect Tenses.
Choose since or for:
1) ……… last year
2) ……… 1999
3) ……..we bought this car
4) ………22 years
5) ………A long time
6) ………Jim met her
7) ……… then
8) ……… twenty centuries
9) ……… a millennium
10) …… about two years
Answers: 1.since, 2.since, 3.since, 4.for, 5.for, 6.since, 7.since, 8.for, 9.since, 10.for.
Complete with a correct preposition:
1) You’ve been a teacher ……. 1990
2) They haven’t been home …. Christmas.
3) I’ve had my driving license …. more than 10 years.
4) My parents haven’t been to the cinema …. ages.
5) Kate has been my best friend ….. we were 11.
6) I’ve known my husband …. 13 years.
7) It has been foggy …… several days.
8) Things have changed …. I found a new job.
9) I have lived in the same city …. I was born.
10) Peter has worked here ....only one week.
Answers: 1.since, 2.since, 3.for, 4.for, 5.since, 6.for, 7.for, 8.since, 9.since, 10.for.
Put the words in the correct order.
1) Ill 3 our been cat has for days
2) Had lovely Friday we’ve weather since
3) Steve she’s known weeks for two
4) Seen Monday her nobody has last since
5) For week journalists all been strike on have a
6) Minutes Mrs. Davis us lesson taught for has this minutes 35
7) Loved since saw has she you she you
8) Holiday been a we’ve on month for
Answers: 1. Our cat has been ill for 3 days. 2. We’ve had lovely weather since Friday. 3. She’s known Steve for two weeks. 4. Nobody has seen her since last Monday. 5. All journalists have been on strike for a week. 6. Mrs. Davis has taught us this lesson for 35 minutes. 7. She has loved you since she saw you. 8. We’ve been on holiday for a month.