Многие прилагательные в английском языке образовываются при помощи суффиксов –ed или –ing.
Такие прилагательные образовываются от глаголов, которые обозначают какие-то изменения в физическом или эмоциональном состоянии предметов или людей.
e.g. to annoy – annoyed/annoying
tointerest - interested/interesting
Необходимо понимать, чем они отличаются друг от друга и как они используются.
|Прилагательные с окончанием -ed||Прилагательные с окончанием –ing|
|Описывают чьи-либо чувства.||Описывают человека или предмет, дают ему характеристику.|
e.g. She is bored. – Ей скучно.
We are tired. – Мы уставшие.
e.g. This film is so boring. – Этот фильм скучный.
This task is tiring. – Это задание утомительное.
e.g. He was surprised to find that nobody wanted to talk to him.
I was confused by the results of my test.
He felt exhausted after hard day at work.
The performance of out team was surprising. Usually they play much better.
I’ve heard some very confusing news and don’t know what to do.
Planting trees and cleaning the river all day is really exhausting.
Choose the correct word.
1) She has nothing to do. She is bored/boring.
2) The lesson was very bored/boring. I almost fell asleep.
3) Your test results are disappointed/disappointing. You need to work harder.
4) Mothers are always disappointed/disappointing when their kids misbehave.
5) We heard the news when we were at the salsa class and we were shocked/shocking.
6) Car accident details were shocked/shocking.
7) Scientists proved that food which is high in carbohydrate makes us feel more relaxed/relaxing.
Answers: 1.bored, 2. Boring, 3. Disappointing, 4. Disappointed, 5. Shocked, 6. Shocking, 7. Relaxed.
Complete with an adjective in the correct form.
1) I was ….(embarrass) by her dances. She looked really stupid.
2) I’m …. (satisfy) with your knowledge and your answer.
3) He was the most …. (annoy) person I’ve ever met. He was talking about himself all the time.
4) His latest book is really ….(interest). I read it three times.
5) I put on weight and I feel …(depress) about it.
6) I’m very … (excite) about my wedding and I want to show you all the photos we took.
7) My mom has a very … (annoy) habit of throwing the newspapers away before I read them.
Answers: 1.embarassed, 2. Satisfied, 3. Annoying, 4. Interesting, 5. Depressed, 6. Excited, 7. annoying
Put the words in the correct order.
1) Be travelling first by frightening for plane the can time
2) Very in interested I’m football
3) Depressing for being is teenagers overweight
4) New she job is her satisfied with?
5) After a relaxing work hard so swimming at is day
6) Him a bit can talking be annoying to
7) Has in astonishing my made English daughter an progress
Answers: 1.Travelling by plane for the first time can be frightening.2. I’m very interested in football. 3. Being overweight is depressing for teenagers. 4. Is she satisfied with her new job? 5. Swimming is so relaxing after a hard day at work. 6. Talking to him can be a bit annoying. 7. My daughter has made an astonishing progress in English.