1. Read the following situations; think how you can use the verb “screw up” talking about them.
1) I was so excited to be introduced to such a powerful politician, but then I was so nervous that I couldn’t stop stuttering.
2) The presentation was supposed to be a hit but something went wrong. I think I failed at making it interesting.
3) She tried to make a new dish for dinner, but then she missed an important ingredient and everything went wrong,
4) All previous times he made some little mistakes but this time it was really serious. I don’t know if we can trust him with any important tasks any more.
5) You have to use this new opportunity. Don’t make a mistake and loose it, it’s your chance!
2. Think about the examples of the situations from your favorite movie or TV show when somebody screwed something up. What were the situations about?